A) Revenue functions
1.Licence fee assessment /deduction verification/collection:
a. Licence Fee Collection: The Office of Controller of Communication Accounts (CCA) Jharkhand is responsible for collection of licence fee from all licensees of various telecom services viz. Cellular, Basic, Unified Access Service, NLD, ILD, Commercial VSAT, PMRTS services, Internet Service Providers (without Telephony), Internet Service Providers (with Telephony),
b. Scrutiny of Documents & Verification of deductions: The office of CCA JHR is also responsible for scrutiny of documents submitted by the licensees viz. AGR statements and affidavits and verify and confirm the deductions claimed by UASL, UL and CMTS operators.
c. Bank Guarantees: The office of CCA JHR maintains Performance and Financial Bank Guarantees of above-mentioned licences. It ensures the validity, adequacy and action taken for non-renewal and non-fulfillment of terms and conditions of respective Licence Agreements.
d. Assessment and calculation of licence fee: CCA JHR office are doing this function for ILD, NLD, Commercial VSAT, PMRTS, Internet Service Providers (with Telephony), New Internet licences on the basis of Audited Annual Accounts and other audited financial statements submitted by the licensees.
e. Spectrum Charges:
CCA JHR office is entrusted with collection of spectrum charges in respect of GSM and CDMA service providers.
2. USO Disbursement
The USO Fund of India in the sector came into existence on 01.04.2002. It designs, implements and funds schemes for provisioning telecom voice/non-voice data services to all areas and people in villages /remote localities where it may not be profitable and viability gap exists. The fund in India, is one of the largest in the world.
The disbursement from the funds and monitoring of schemes in the Service JHARKHAND Area is entrusted to the office of CCA JHR. While performing the USO functions, the CCA JHR office verify the claims before the funds are disbursed. Physical inspection and monitoring is also done for establishing the veracity of claims.
B) Statutory Functions
1. Pension: The CCA JHR office is responsible for budgeting of pension expenditure and authorization of retirement benefits on CDA and IDA pay scale, to government and BSNL retirees in its jurisdiction. The CCA JHR office also conducts Pension Adalats at regular intervals to settle the pension related grievances at a single forum that was not hitherto available to them.
2. Pension contribution and leave salary: The CCA JHR office carry out the functions of collection, scrutiny and monitoring of the amounts to be received as pension contribution and leave salary from employees working in BSNL.
3. New pension scheme: Operation of New Pension Scheme with respect to employees joining government service w.e.f. 1.01.2004/later.
4. GPF & Long term loans: The CCA JHR office is also responsible for maintenance for GPF, long term loans and advances and their recovery/accounting from BSNL.
5. Audit functions: The CCA JHR Office does post audit on the disbursement made by the designated banks and post offices on account of the pension and allied benefits to the pensioners.