A) Statutory Functions
1. Pension: The CCA A&N office is responsible for budgeting of pension expenditure and authorization of retirement benefits on CDA and IDA pay scale, to government and BSNL retirees in its jurisdiction. The CCA A&N office also conducts Pension Adalats at regular intervals to settle the pension related grievances at a single forum that was not hitherto available to them.
2. Pension contribution and leave salary: The CCA A&N office carry out the functions of collection, scrutiny and monitoring of the amounts to be received as pension contribution and leave salary from employees working in BSNL.
3. New pension scheme: Operation of New Pension Scheme with respect to employees joining government service w.e.f. 1.01.2004/later.
4. GPF & Long term loans: The CCA , A&N office is also responsible for maintenance for GPF, long term loans and advances and their recovery/accounting from BSNL.
5. Audit functions: The CCA, A&N Office does post audit on the disbursement made by the designated banks and post offices on account of the pension and allied benefits to the pensioners.
6. Functioning as CPIOs under RTI act, 2005: Officers in the office of CCA A&N have been designated as Central Public Information Officers (CPIO) and Departmental Appellate Authorities (DAA) for ensuring smooth provisioning of information under the RTI Act 2005 for all matters being dealt to the extent within their jurisdiction.
7. PAO & DDO Functions: CCA A&N office is the basic unit of departmentalized accounts organization and performs the PAO and DDO functions for Self and field offices like TERM.
B) Administrative function
Apart from carrying out other administrative functions as the Head of the Departments (HOD), the Jt.CCA also handle court cases at field level where the Government of India is a party in matters of licence fee, spectrum charges, pension, absorption issues etc.
Internal check inspection of field units: The work related to the yearly internal audit of the DoT units (other than CCAs, i.e., TERM etc.)
The contents of the website have been designed with the special focus on the specific information requirement of the clientele, while equally focusing on the role of the CCA Unit as the interface between DoT/Government of India and the different stakeholders. In a short span of time, the CCA Units have carved out a niche for themselves by bringing the different stakeholders of DoT together.